- Be wary of signs that read “Pickpockets About” or someone yelling, “There’s a pickpocket in the crowd.” They aren’t always what they seem. It causes you to check your own valuables and guides the pickpocket right to where they are!
- Be aware of your surroundings — especially in crowded places. Groups of people using distraction, a beautiful women, an innocent bystander, and, yes, even adorable children, can be much more than what they appear to be.
- Don’t carry valuables in a backpack or fanny pack.
- Don’t show money or valuables in public.
- Wear a money belt and USE it!
Visit Magellan’s for outstanding bargains on “pickpocket proof” items before you travel.